Back in August, we placed a pause on the 2020 OSU Materials Research Seed Grants Program (MRSGP) for the 2020-2021 academic year, due to the uncertainties caused by the pandemic. Given the tremendous value of the MRSGP for materials research at OSU, we have tried our best to support exciting new research projects, especially by junior faculty, even in this challenging time.
We are pleased to announce that after a thorough internal and external review process, 5 EMRG awards have been selected to fund exceptionally promising, innovative materials research on campus.
The OSU MRSGP provides internal research funding opportunities designed to achieve the greatest impact for seeding and advancing excellence in materials research of varying scopes. It is jointly funded and managed by the Center for Emergent Materials (CEM), an NSF MRSEC [NSF DMR-2011876], the Center for Exploration of Novel Complex Materials (ENCOMM), and the Institute for Materials Research (IMR).
Seed Grant Important Dates
- MRSGP Open House: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 (3:00–5:00 PM, 1381 Kinnear RD, Room 218)
- Letters of Intent Due: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Notice of MRSGP Appropriateness: Friday, January 10, 2020
- Multidisciplinary Team Building Grants Funding Tier Proposal Team Mandatory Presentations: January 22, 29, and February 5, 2019 (4:15–5:15 PM, Physics Research Building, Room 4138)
- Proposals Due (all Funding Tiers): Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Awards Announced: June 2020 (Anticipated)
- Funded Projects Start Date: Beginning of Autumn Semester 2020 (Anticipated)