2020 OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program Request for Proposals
We are pleased to announce the 2020 OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program Request for Proposals (RFP). This enhanced seed program leverages resources and best practices of the Center for Emergent Materials (CEM), the Center for Exploration of Novel Complex Materials (ENCOMM), and the Institute for Materials Research (IMR).
The three Funding Tiers of the 2020 OSU Materials Research Seed Grant Program are:
- Multidisciplinary Team Building Grants, which provide funds up to $60,000/year per award in direct costs, and require one PI and one Co-PI, and may have unfunded collaborators, with the goal of forming multidisciplinary materials research teams that can compete effectively for federal block-funding opportunities, such as the NSF MRSEC program.
- Exploratory Materials Research Grants, which provide funds up to $40,000/year per award in direct costs, and require one PI, and may have Co-PIs and/or unfunded collaborators, with the goal of enabling nascent and innovative materials research to emerge to the point of being competitive for external funding.
- IRG Grants: Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs) proposals are not being requested in this RFP. The Center for Emergent Materials (CEM): A National Science Foundation funded Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (MRSEC) is currently undergoing a renewal review.
Seed Grant Important Dates
- MRSGP Open House: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 (3:00–5:00 PM, 1381 Kinnear RD, Room 218)
- Letters of Intent Due: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Notice of MRSGP Appropriateness: Friday, January 10, 2020
- Multidisciplinary Team Building Grants Funding Tier Proposal Team Mandatory Presentations: January 22, 29, and February 5, 2019 (4:15–5:15 PM, Physics Research Building, Room 4138)
- Proposals Due (all Funding Tiers): Monday, March 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Awards Announced: June 2020 (Anticipated)
- Funded Projects Start Date: Beginning of Autumn Semester 2020 (Anticipated)